American Counseling Assn
The American Counseling Association (ACA) is a professional organization of counselors in the United States. It is the world's largest association exclusively representing professional counselors.
Campaign Finance$2,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Counseling Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Counseling Assn $62,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.604 Seniors Mental Health Access Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.1693 Research and Development Tax Credit Extension Act of 2011 S.671 Finding Fugitive Sex Offenders Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Counseling Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Counseling Assn
- Toggle 12 DOD TRICARE: Certified Mental Health Counselors 2011
- Toggle 2 ETA Notice of Development of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration’s Five-Year Research and Evaluation Strategic Plan for 2010-2015; Request for Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Opportunities for Alignment under Medicaid and Medicare (CMS-5507-NC) 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Delaying the Compliance Date for Certain Requirements of the Regulations Implementing Titles II and III of the Americans With Disabilities Act 2012
- Toggle 1 DOD TRICARE; Extended Care Health Option 2011