American Council on Education
The American Council on Education (ACE) is a United States organization, established in 1918, comprising over 1,800 accredited, degree-granting colleges and universities and higher education-related associations, organizations, and corporations.
Campaign Finance$5,150 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Council on Education
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Council on Education $531,976
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Health Issues,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3081 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010 S.729 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2009 H.R.1586 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.1777 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 H.R.5933 Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvements Act of 2010 S.3447 Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvements Act of 2010 H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.1751 American Dream Act
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Council on Education" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Council on Education
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Council on Education
- Toggle 11 ED Program Integrity Issues--Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended--34 CFR Part 600, 602, 603, 668, 682, 685, 686, 690, and 691 2010
- Toggle 10 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 4 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 3 DOD Voluntary Education Programs 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 USN Privacy Act of 1974; System of Records Notice to Alter a System of Records 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Opioid Risk Management 2009
- Toggle 1 EEOC ADA Amendments Act NPRM 2009
- Toggle 1 USAF Privacy Act of 1974; System of Records 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
Federal Spending3 grants; 4 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|American Council On Education||2009||Agency For International Development||The purpose of this Cooperative agreement is to support South African efforts in strengthening the Further Education and Training (FET) college secto||$4,064,000|
|American Council On Education||2010||TEST EVALUATION SERVICES||$2,459,940|
|American Council On Education||2009||OPTION PERIOD 2||$2,449,055|
|American Council On Education||2010||Agency For International Development||To provide support to FET Colleges||$2,225,000|
|American Council On Education||2010||Agency For International Development||IMPLEMENTATION OF THE TRAINING, EXCHANGES, INTERNSHIPS AND SCHOLARSHIPS (TIES) PROGRAM||$1,119,069|
|American Council On Education||2010||Federal Prison System||151060: GENERAL EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT TESTING SERVICES & SUPPLIES||$1,081,471|
|American Council On Education||2009||Federal Prison System||151060: GENERAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT TESTING SUPPLIES AND SERVICES||$1,006,583|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Council on Education" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee