American Commercial Lines
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Commercial Lines
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.892 Stop Asian Carp Act S.471 Stop Asian Carp Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Commercial Lines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Commercial Lines
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Commercial Lines
- Toggle 3 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Moving Security Zones Around High Capacity Passenger Vessels and Vessels Carrying Certain Dangerous Cargoes. The Security Zone Will Consist of a "Minimum Wake Speed" Zone Within 50 Yards of the Escorted Vessels, and an Exclusion Zone Within 25 Yards of the Escorted Vessels 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requests for Early Termination of the Waiting Period under the Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 Regulated Navigation Area: Regulation Change Pertaining to VMRS Buzzards Bay 2011
- Toggle 1 USCBP Changes to the In-Bond Process 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH); Meetings; Federal Register Notices; and Exhibits for 2012 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Commercial Lines" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee