American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is an educational association of surgeons created in 1913 to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting high standards for surgical education and practice.
Campaign Finance$24,650 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American College of Surgeons
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American College of Surgeons $2,979,860 American College of Surgeons Prof Assn $2,959,450
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.157 Health Care Safety Net Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.451 Healthcare Truth and Transparency Act of 2011 S.1099 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.2405 Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.3239 Safeguarding Access For Every Medicare Patient Act H.R.3586 Good Samaritan Health Professionals Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.816 Provider Shield Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 228 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American College of Surgeons" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American College of Surgeons
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Electronic Health Records Safe Harbors 2013
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 HRSA Designation of Medically Underserved Populations and Health Professions Shortage Areas: Intent to Form Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Devices 1976
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Medicare and State Health Care Programs: Fraud and Abuse; Revisions to the Office of Inspector General's Civil Monetary Penalty Rules 2014
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American College of Surgeons
- Toggle 111 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient PPS and CY 2007 Rates; Proposed CY 2007 Update to the ASC Covered Procedures List; and Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 107 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 21 CMS CY 2014 Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Medicare Part B CMS-1600-P 2013
- Toggle 20 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008
- Toggle 15 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 15 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule, Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule, Access to Identifiable Data for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation Models & Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2015. (CMS-1612-P) 2014
- Toggle 15 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 12 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 10 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
Federal Spending2 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|American College Of Surgeons||2000||National Institutes Of Health||$4,421,162|
|American College Of Surgeons||2000||National Institutes Of Health||$2,461,866|
Advisory Committees5 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American College of Surgeons" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 3 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee