American College of Gastroenterology
The American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) is a Bethesda, Maryland-based medical association of gastroenterologists.
Campaign Finance$61,418 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Ben Cardin Thomas F. Fise $22,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American College of Gastroenterology
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American College of Gastroenterology $7,411,789
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1511 Supporting ColoRectal Examination and Education Now (SCREEN) Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3559 Supporting ColoRectal Examination and Education Now (SCREEN) Act of 2009 S.1164 Colon Cancer Screen for Life Act of 2007 H.R.1926 Colon Cancer Screen for Life Act of 2007 H.R.3060 Colorectal Cancer Screening and Detection Coverage Act of 2007 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 S.2250 Ambulatory Surgical Center Medicare Payment Modernization Act of 2007 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.1823 Ambulatory Surgical Center Medicare Payment Modernization Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 62 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American College of Gastroenterology" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American College of Gastroenterology
- Toggle 1 FDA Device Improvements to Reduce Unnecessary Radiation Exposure From Medical Imaging; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American College of Gastroenterology
- Toggle 41 FDA Remove from the labeling for propofol (Diprivan) the warning that propofol should be administered only by persons trained in the administration of general anesthesia, rather than by other qualified medical professionals 2005
- Toggle 16 CMS Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates (PART OF CMS-1506-P) 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., (EES) Request Administrative Review of the Agency - CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Internal Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Antirheumatic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Use; Proposed Amendment of the Tentative Final Monograph; Required Warnings and Other Labeling 1977
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Five Year Review of Work Relative Value Units Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Proposed Changes to the Practice Expense Methodology 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Drugs Containing Anticholinergic/Antispasmodic Combination 1975