American College of Cardiology
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) is a nonprofit medical association established in 1949 to advocate for quality cardiovascular care through education, research promotion, development and application of standards and guidelines, and to influence health care policy. The organization publishes a number of publications for members and the public including ACC News, Cardiology, the ACC Cardiosource Review Journal, CV News Digest, and the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC). JACC also has two 'daughter' journals focused on Cardiovascular Interventions and Cardiovascular Imaging. The organization has 48 chapters in the United States and in Puerto Rico. Its current president is Ralph G. Brindis, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.C., and its CEO is Jack Lewin, M.D. The ACC has been called the "leading professional society for heart specialists."
Campaign Finance$4,190,567 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American College of Cardiology
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American College of Cardiology $15,389,529
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.4371 (Unknown) S.1693 Wired for Health Care Quality Act H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.3800 Promoting Health Information Technology Act H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 376 dockets; Submitted to 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American College of Cardiology" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American College of Cardiology
- Toggle 3 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Medical Device User Fee Act; Public Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Parallel Review of Medical Products by the FDA and CMS Agencies: Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HHS 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Effective Date of Requirement for Premarket Approval for Automated External Defibrillator System 2013
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry, Clinical Investigators, and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Design Considerations for Pivotal Clinical Investigations for Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Unique Device Identification 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American College of Cardiology
- Toggle 243 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 74 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 32 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008
- Toggle 24 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for Particulate Matter (PM) 2001
- Toggle 19 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to Payments to Hospitals for Certain Inpatient Hospital Services and for Graduate Medical Education Costs; and Changes to Physician Self-Referral Rules and Related Changes to Provider Agreement Regulations 2010
- Toggle 19 CMS CY 2014 Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Medicare Part B CMS-1600-P 2013
- Toggle 18 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
- Toggle 16 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 16 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System for CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 15 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
Federal Spending2 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|American College Of Cardiology||2009||National Institutes Of Health||ACCF-STS DATABASE COLLABORATION ON THE COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS OF PCI AND CABG||$2,655,996|
|American College Of Cardiology||2010||National Institutes Of Health||ACCF-STS DATABASE COLLABORATION ON THE COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS OF PCI AND CABG||$1,370,768|