American Cleaning Institute
The American Cleaning Institute (ACI formerly The Soap and Detergent Association – SDA) is an organization representing producers of household, industrial, and institutional cleaning products, their ingredients and finished packaging; oleochemical producers; and chemical distributors to the cleaning product industry.
Campaign Finance$4,550 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Cleaning Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Cleaning Institute $1,854,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Chemical Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Natural Resources,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3457 Smithsonian American Latino Museum Act' S.847 Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 H.R.3057 Household Product Labeling Act of 2009 H.R.4953 Qualifying Renewable Chemical Production Tax Credit Act of 2012 S.1697 Household Product Labeling Act of 2009 H.R.5320 Assistance, Quality, and Affordability Act of 2010 S.3209 Safe Chemicals Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Cleaning Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Cleaning Institute
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Cleaning Institute
- Toggle 5 FDA Health-Care Antiseptic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter (OTC) Human Use 1975
- Toggle 2 EPA Revisions to the California State Implementation Plan, California Air Resources Board - Consumer Products 2014
- Toggle 2 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 1 OMB U.S./Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) Stakeholder Consultation 2013
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Cleaning Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee