American Bus Assn
The American Bus Association, or ABA, is a trade association for motorcoach operators and tour companies in the United States and Canada. Its membership consists of about 1,000 companies that operate buses or bus-based tours, about 2,800 organizations representing the travel and tourism industry, and several hundred suppliers of buses and related products and services. Its headquarters is in Washington, D.C.
Campaign Finance$1,014,392 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Bus Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Bus Assn $766,760
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Small Business,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1135 Bus Uniform Standards and Enhanced Safety Act of 2009 S.554 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2009 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 S.453 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.1390 Bus Uniform Standards and Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.190 Protecting America's Workers Act S.1950 Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Enhancement Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 165 dockets; Submitted to 47 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Bus Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Bus Assn
- Toggle 7 FTA Charter Bus 2005
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Standards; Rotel North American Tours, LLC; Application for Exemption and Request for Comments 2008
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Motorcoach Safety Plan 2007
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Qualification of Drivers; Diabetes Standards 2005
- Toggle 2 FTA Joint Development Guidance 2006
- Toggle 2 Article 19-A of the State of New York's Vehicle and Traffic Law 2013
- Toggle 2 FTA Administrators Discretion 2007
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Unified Registration System 1997
- Toggle 1 Commercial Driver's License Standards: Application for Exemption; Miami Nice Tours 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Bus Assn
- Toggle 55 FTA Charter Bus 2005
- Toggle 46 DOT Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Transportation for Individuals with Disabilities - "Over the Road Buses" 1998
- Toggle 40 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 10 FMCSA Notice - Commercial Driver Physical Qualifications as Part of the Commercial Driver's License Process 1997
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Safety Monitoring System and Compliance Initiative for Mexican Motor Carriers Operating in the United States 1998
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Drivers of CMVs: Restricting the Use of Cellular Phones 2010
- Toggle 8 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 7 FMCSA Electronic On-Board Recorders for Hours-of-Service 2004
- Toggle 6 FMCSA Application by Certain Mexican Motor Carriers to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border 1998