American Beverage Assn
American Beverage Association is a trade organization that represents the beverage industry in the United States. Its members include producers and bottlers of soft drinks, bottled water, and other non-alcoholic beverages.
Campaign Finance$25,876,883 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Beverage Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Beverage Assn $34,833,433
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Beverage Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.402 National Infrastructure Development Bank Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2521 National Infrastructure Development Bank Act of 2009 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.771 Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1324 Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Protection Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act S.652 Building and Upgrading Infrastructure for Long-Term Development H.R.1145 National Water Research and Development Initiative Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 45 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Beverage Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Beverage Assn
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Experimental Study on Consumer Responses to Nutrition Facts Labels with Various Footnote Formats and Declaration of Amount of Added Sugars 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Front of Pack and Shelf Tag Nutrition Symbols; Establishment of Docket; Request for Comments and Information 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Saccharin in Carbonated Soft Drinks for Dietary Use-CLOSED 1985
- Toggle 1 FAR 2007 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of Reference Values and Mandatory Nutrients; Extension of Comment Period 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Revision of Requirements for Security Plans 2006
- Toggle 1 USTR Section 301 EC Beef Hormones Dispute 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Compliance Policy Guide Sec. 510.800 Beverages – Serving Size Labeling; Availability 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Beverage Assn
- Toggle 6 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 5 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Compliance Policy Guide Sec. 510.800 Beverages – Serving Size Labeling; Availability 2010
- Toggle 4 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Vitamin D & Calcium & Reduced Risk of Osteoporosis 2004
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Refrigerated Bottled or Canned Beverage Vending Machines [71FR36715] (EE-2006-STD-0125) 2006