American Bar Assn
Campaign Finance$21,750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Bar Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Bar Assn $1,965,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.1416 Crime Victim Restitution and Court Fee Intercept Act H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.755 Crime Victim Restitution and Court Fee Intercept Act S.35 Gun Show Background Check Act of 2011 S.1301 Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.308 Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act H.R.1519 Paycheck Fairness Act S.32 Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
RegulationsMentioned in 180 dockets; Submitted to 29 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Bar Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Bar Assn
- Toggle 3 IRS Net Investment Income Tax 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 2 IRS Portability of a Deceased Spousal Unused Exclusion Amount 2012
- Toggle 2 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China’s Compliance with WTO Commitments 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Certification Process for State Capital Counsel Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Solicitation of Information and Recommendations for Revising OIGs Provider Self-Disclosure Protocol 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Certification Process for State Capital Counsel Systems 2012
- Toggle 1 DARS Safeguarding Unclassified DoD Information (DFARS Case 2011–D039) 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Export Administration Regulations Control of Items that No Longer Warrant Control on the United States Munitions List 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Bar Assn
- Toggle 42 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 13 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 11 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2011
- Toggle 8 DOJ Certification Process for State Capital Counsel Systems 2011
- Toggle 6 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 5 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 5 CFPB Confidential Treatment of Privileged Information 2012
- Toggle 4 IRS Net Investment Income Tax 2012
- Toggle 4 DOL Rules of Practice and Procedure for Hearings Before the Office of Administrative Law Judges 2012
- Toggle 3 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011