American Assn of University Women
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. Founded in 1881 by Ellen Swallow Richards and Marion Talbot, AAUW celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2006-07 with an online museum commemorating its legacy of leadership, scholarship, advocacy, and action. The organization has a nationwide network of 100,000 members, 1,300 branches, and 500 college and university partners.
Campaign Finance$1,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Assn of University Women
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Assn of University Women $365,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- District of Columbia,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1397 Employment Non-Discrimination Act S.811 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.2 Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act H.R.3 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.R.458 High School Athletics Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.471 Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Act H.R.998 Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.1116 Respect for Marriage Act H.R.1269 National Women's History Museum Act of 2011 H.R.1419 Every Student Counts Act
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Assn of University Women" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Assn of University Women
- Toggle 39 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 SBA Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contract Program 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Retrospective Review under E.O. 13563 -- Department of Education Preliminary Plan for Retrospective Analysis of Existing Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Interpretive Standards for Systemic Compensation Discrimination and Voluntary Guidelines for Self-Evaluation of Compensation Practices Under Executive Order 11246; Notice of Proposed Rescission 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Complaints From Private Education Loan Borrowers 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Federal Student Aid Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Private Education Loans and Private Educational Lenders 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Assn of University Women
- Toggle 43 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 5 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 4 APHIS Animal Welfare; Petition to Develop Regulations to Prohibit Public Contact with Potentially Dangerous Animals 2012
- Toggle 4 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 2 IRS Longevity Annuity Contracts 2012
- Toggle 2 WHD The Family Medical Leave Act 2012
- Toggle 2 OFCCP Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
- Toggle 2 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 2 ED Higher Education Act, Title IV, Student Loans 2012