American Assn of Museums
The American Association of Museums (AAM) is a non-profit association that has brought museums together since its founding in 1906, helping to develop standards and best practices, gathering and sharing knowledge, and advocating on issues of concern to the museum community. AAM is dedicated to ensuring that museums remain a vital part of the American landscape, connecting people with the greatest achievements of the human experience, past, present and future.
Campaign Finance$6,550 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Assn of Museums
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Assn of Museums $215,317
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Foreign Relations,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1363 Department of Defense and Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II H.J.RES.44 Further Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 H.J.RES.48 Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 H.R.1190 Artist-Museum Partnership Act of 2011 S.557 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011 H.R.1891 Setting New Priorities in Education Spending Act S.930 Art and Collectibles Capital Gains Tax Treatment Parity Act
RegulationsMentioned in 3 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Assn of Museums" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Assn of Museums
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Assn of Museums
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Notice of Availability for Monitor National Marine Sanctuary Draft Management Plan and Environmental Assessment 2012