American Assn of Community Colleges
The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), headquartered in the National Center for Higher Education in Washington, D.C., is the primary advocacy organization for community colleges at the national level and works closely with directors of state offices to inform and affect state policy. In addition, AACC is a member of "The Six" large, presidentially based associations and collaborates with a wide range of entities within the higher education community to monitor and influence federal policy and to collaborate on issues of common interest. The association has ongoing interaction with key federal departments and agencies including the U.S. departments of Labor, Education, Energy, Homeland Security, and Commerce and the National Science Foundation.
Campaign Finance$900 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Assn of Community Colleges
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Assn of Community Colleges $260,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.952 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2011 H.R.1842 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2011 S.946 Office of Rural Education Policy Act S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 S.1597 Fix America's Schools Today Act of 2011 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2498 Veterans Day Moment of Silence Act H.R.2832 Trade Adjustment Assistance Extension Act of 2011 H.R.4227 Workforce Investment Act of 2012 S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Assn of Community Colleges" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Assn of Community Colleges
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Assn of Community Colleges
- Toggle 2 ED 2012/14 Beginning Postsecondary Students Longitudinal Study: (BPS:12/14) Field Test 2012
- Toggle 2 ED Federal Student Aid Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 1 ED 2011 Public Hearings for Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA) Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Student Health Insurance Coverage 2011
- Toggle 1 OMB Reform of Federal Policies Relating to Grants and Cooperative Agreements; Cost Principles and Administrative Requirements (including Single Audit Act) 2012