American Airlines, Inc. (AA) is the world's fourth-largest airline in passenger miles transported, passenger fleet size, and operating revenues. American Airlines is a subsidiary of the AMR Corporation and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas adjacent to its largest hub at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. American operates an extensive international and domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, Latin and South America, Europe, Asia/Pacific and the Caribbean.
Campaign Finance$951,825 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Airlines
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Airlines $10,020,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.652 Building and Upgrading Infrastructure for Long-Term Development H.R.3011 Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act of 2011 S.340 Airport and Airway Trust Fund Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1956 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011 H.R.2594 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011 S.1596 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.970 Federal Aviation Research and Development Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 321 dockets; Submitted to 68 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Airlines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Airlines
- Toggle 5 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and Qantas Airways Limited - Approval of Joint Business Agreement 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT American Airlines, Inc. - Frequency Allocation - U.S.-Brazil Service in 2011 and 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Policy Statement on Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Aircraft Cabin Crewmembers 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and Air Tahiti Nui - Statements of Authorization/Exemption - Los Angeles-Tahiti 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and Hainan Airlines Co. - Statement of Authorization/Exemption - Reciprocal Codesharing 2011
- Toggle 2 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT American Airlines, Inc. - Allocation Frequency - U.S.-Brazil 2012
- Toggle 2 FAA 2010-NM-236-AD The Boeing Company Model 737‑600, -700, -700C, -800, and -900 Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 2 FAA 2012-NM-104-AD The Boeing Company Model 747‑200B, 747‑300, 747‑400, 747‑400D, 747‑400F series airplanes, and Model 767 series airplanes, powered by General Electric (GE) CF6-80C2 engines 2012
- Toggle 2 FAA General Electric Company Turbofan Engines 1999-NE-24-AD 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Airlines
- Toggle 28 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 23 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 16 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 15 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 14 DOT Mesaba Aviation, Inc. and Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. - Ninety-Day Notice of Termination of Service - Sioux City, IA 2011
- Toggle 12 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and Qantas Airways Limited - Approval of Joint Business Agreement 2011
- Toggle 11 DOT TACA International Airlines, S.A., Trans American Airlines, S.A. d/b/a TACA Peru, Lineas Aereas Costarricenses S.A., Aviateca S.A. and Aerovias Del Continente Americano S.A. - Exemption Permitting Registration of Trade Name/Statements of Authorization 2012
- Toggle 11 DOT 2011 U.S.-Mexico Licensing Procedures for U.S. Carriers - Mexico Streamlining Procedural Docket 2011
- Toggle 10 DOT Advisory Committee for Aviation Consumer Protection (ACACP) 2012
- Toggle 8 RITA Reporting Ancillary Airline Passenger Revenues 2011