American Academy of Sleep Medicine
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is a United States professional society for the medical subspecialty of sleep medicine. It was established in 1975. The AASM is the only professional society that is dedicated exclusively to the medical subspecialty of sleep medicine. As the leading voice in the field of sleep medicine, the AASM sets standards and promotes excellence in health care, education and research.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Academy of Sleep Medicine $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Academy of Sleep Medicine" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Medical Review Board Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Effective Date of Requirement for Premarket Approval for Shortwave Diathermy for All Other Uses 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA PDUFA V Patient-Focused Drug Development; Public Meeting and Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Changes to the Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Reporting and Returning of Overpayments 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Reform of Hospital and Critical Access Hospitals Conditions of Participation 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012