American Academy of Physician Assistants
Campaign Finance$395,747 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Academy of Physician Assistants
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Academy of Physician Assistants $6,697,747
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Economics & Econ Development,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.891 Medicare Hospice Care Access Act of 2011 H.R.2729 Health IT Modernization for Underserved Communities Act of 2011 S.318 Medicare Rural Health Access Improvement Act of 2009 S.1157 Craig Thomas Rural Hospital and Provider Equity Act of 2009 H.R.2134 Medicaid Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants Access Act of 2011 H.R.2267 Home Health Care 3 Planning Improvement Act of 2011 S.56 Medicaid Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants Access Act of 2011 S.227 Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.2465 Federal Workers' Compensation Modernization and Improvement Act H.R.3831 Medicare Hospice Care Access Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 81 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Academy of Physician Assistants" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Toggle 2 DEA Registration Requirements for Individual Practitioners Operating in a ‘‘Locum Tenens’’ Capacity 2009
- Toggle 2 Medical Certification Integration Project 2012
- Toggle 2 FMCSA National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Medical Review Board Public Meeting 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Using Innovative Technologies and Other Conditions of Safe Use To Expand Which Drug Products Can Be Considered Nonprescription 2012
- Toggle 1 DEA Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances 2008
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Toggle 7 TRICARE Program; Clarification of Benefit Coverage of Durable Equipment and Ordering or Prescribing Durable Equipment; Clarification of Benefit Coverage of Assistive Technology Devices under the Extended Care Health Option Program 2013
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 4 FMCSA National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners 2008
- Toggle 4 CMS Standards for Electronic Health Care Claim Attachments 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 4 Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Part II - Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction CMS-3267-P 2013
- Toggle 4 CMS End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Conditions for Coverage 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Use of Ozone-Depleting Substances; Removal of Essential-Use Designation (Epinephrine) 2007
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Academy of Physician Assistants" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee