American Academy of Neurology
The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) is a professional society for neurologists and neuroscientists. As a medical specialty society it was established in 1949 by A.B. Baker of the University of Minnesota to advance the art and science of neurology, and thereby promote the best possible care for patients with neurological disorders. It is currently based in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Academy of Neurology
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Academy of Neurology $1,358,267
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.1476 Integrity in Medicare Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Act of 2011 H.R.2224 Improving Physician Access in Teaching Hospitals (PATH) Act of 2011 S.601 Children's Sports Athletic Equipment Safety Act S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act H.R.1127 Children's Sports Athletic Equipment Safety Act S.587 FRAC Act H.R.610 Making Investments Now for Dementia Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Academy of Neurology" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Academy of Neurology
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Waiver Designs in Connection with the Medicare Shared Savings Program and Innovation Center 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 VA AN89 - Proposed Rule - Secondary Service Connection for Diagnosable Illnesses Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Academy of Neurology
- Toggle 464 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 14 FDA Impact of Approved Drug Labeling on Chronic Opioid Therapy; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 7 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS CY 2012 Changes to the Physician Fee Schedule 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program: Availability of Medicare Data for Performance Measurement 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA PDUFA V Patient-Focused Drug Development; Public Meeting and Request for Comments 2012