AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL, stylized as "Aol.", and formerly known as America Online) is an American global Internet services and media company. AOL is headquartered at 770 Broadway in New York. Founded in 1983 as Control Video Corporation, it has franchised its services to companies in several nations around the world or set up international versions of its services.
Campaign Finance$3,550,555 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of America Online
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount America Online $3,180,000 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
RegulationsMentioned in 172 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "America Online" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for America Online
- Toggle 102 USCG Safety/Security Assessment: Proposed Broadwater LNG Facility 2005
- Toggle 47 FAA Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area 2004
- Toggle 34 FRA Use of Locomotive Horns and Grade Crossings 1999
- Toggle 25 FHWA Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 2006
- Toggle 16 DOT Time Zone Boundaries in the State of Indiana 2005
- Toggle 12 South Farallon Islands Nonnative House Mouse Eradication Project; Farallon National Wildlife Refuge, California; Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement 2013
- Toggle 10 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. - Exemption/Frequency Allocation - Houston-Buenos Aires 2005
- Toggle 7 BOR Use of Bureau of Reclamation Land, Facilities, and Waterbodies 2007
- Toggle 6 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 5 Black-backed Woodpecker Petition to List Two Populations as Endangered or Threatened 2013
Advisory Committees9 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "America Online" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 6 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Trade Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee