Ameren Corporation NYSE: AEE was created December 31, 1997 by the merger of Missouri's Union Electric Company (formerly NYSE: UEP) and the neighboring Central Illinois Public Service Company (CIPSCO Inc. holding, formerly NYSE: CIP). It is now a holding company for several power companies and energy companies. The company is based in St. Louis, Missouri. Ameren is a portmanteau for "American" and "Energy".
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ameren Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ameren Services $3,643,538
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4273 Resolving Environmental and Grid Reliability Conflicts Act of 2012 S.164 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2011 S.275 Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.674 3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act H.R.1391 RCCRA Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 177 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ameren Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ameren Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ameren Corp
- Toggle 27 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 10 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 8 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Illinois Regional Haze SIP 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Missouri; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.