Ameren Corporation NYSE: AEE was created December 31, 1997 by the merger of Missouri's Union Electric Company (formerly NYSE: UEP) and the neighboring Central Illinois Public Service Company (CIPSCO Inc. holding, formerly NYSE: CIP). It is now a holding company for several power companies and energy companies. The company is based in St. Louis, Missouri. Ameren is a portmanteau for "American" and "Energy".
Campaign Finance$6,915,681 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ameren Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ameren Services $23,549,527 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.1689 Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act S.1766 Low Carbon Economy Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 748 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ameren Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ameren Corp
- Toggle 2 OSHA HEXAVALENT CHROMIUM 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA Safety Standards for Cranes and Derricks in Construction 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA Walking and Working Surfaces; Personal Protective Equipment (Fall Protection Systems) 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 1 NRC Proposed Revision to NUREG-0800 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA HEARING CONSERVATION PROGRAM FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS 2006
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Drivers of CMVs: Restricting the Use of Cellular Phones 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA COST OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA Infectious Diseases 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) Column 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ameren Corp
- Toggle 111 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 66 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 60 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 56 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 31 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 27 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 25 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 25 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 25 NRC Application for a Combined License: Union Electric Company 2008
- Toggle 21 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Ameren Corporation||2009||Public Buildings Service||ELECTRIC SERVICES, 2222 MARKET, ST. LOUIS, MO||$1,628,243|
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.