Alston & Bird
Alston & Bird LLP, commonly abbreviated (A&B;), is the second largest law firm in Atlanta and the forty-third largest in the United States.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Alston & Bird
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount HealthSouth Corp $860,000 National Electrical Manufacturers Assn $840,000 Autoliv ASP $830,000 Celgene Corp $740,000 Spectrum Five $630,000 Safeway Inc $630,000 Environmental Pasteurization $600,000 Kidney Care Council $560,000 Natl Coord Cmte for Mult-Employ Plans $500,000 National Assn for Home Care $490,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act S.913 Do-Not-Track Online Act of 2011 H.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.885 Teaching Geography is Fundamental Act S.434 Teaching Geography Is Fundamental Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 13, 2013 Nokia Inc. Policy issues relating to Section 337 cases at the International Trade Commission. View registration May 13, 2013 Aphena Pharma Solutions Efforts to clarify that contract packagers should not be subject to Generic Drug User Fee Act facility fees. View registration May 13, 2013 Packaging Coordinators, Inc. Efforts to clarify that contract packagers should not be subject to Generic Drug User Fee Act facility fees. View registration May 13, 2013 Pharma Packaging Solutions Efforts to clarify that contract packagers should not be subject to Generic Drug User Fee Act facility fees. View registration April 12, 2013 Medical Mutual of Ohio Affordable Care Act Health Reform; Implementation of Health Reform; Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement; Legislation for CMS View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Alston & Bird" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Alston & Bird
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Alston & Bird
- Toggle 5 FDA Petition Regarding the "Grandfather" Status of Lannett's and Cody's Oxycodone Hydrochloride and Cocaine Hydrochloride Products 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Petition Regarding The "Grandfather" Status of Lannett's and Cody's Morphine Sulfate Product 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 1 CITA Determinations under Dominican Republi-Central America-U.S. Free Trade Agreement 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE Application To Export Electric Energy; DC Energy Dakota, LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Fund Transfers 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition Exemptions: Penn-Ohio Transportation, LLC, from Eastern States Railroad, LLC and Columbiana County Port Authority 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014 (CMS-9964-P) 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Alston & Bird" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee