Alltel Corporation is a wireless telecommunications services provider, primarily based in the United States. Before an acquisition by Verizon Wireless, it served 34 states. After the merger, Alltel continues to serve six states, mostly in rural areas. Following the merger, Alltel is the eighth largest wireless telecommunications company in the United States, with approximately 800,000 customers.
Campaign Finance$2,727,512 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Alltel Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Western Wireless $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations,
RegulationsMentioned in 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Alltel Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Alltel Corp
- Toggle 2 DOT Carlsbad-Palomar Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Scheduled Interstate Air Transportation 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Revisions to the Requirements for Transboundary Shipments of Wastes between OECD Countries and for Export Shipments of Spent Lead Acid Batteries 2005
- Toggle 1 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2009
- Toggle 1 FCC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2005
- Toggle 1 FCC Policies Regarding Mobile Spectrum Holdings 2012
- Toggle 1 GSA Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for the Lease/Construction of a Central Records Complex in Winchester, Virginia 2005
- Toggle 1 FCC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Wireless E911 Location Accuracy Requirements; E911 Requirements for IP-Enabled Service Providers 2007