The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the second-largest personal lines insurer in the United States (behind State Farm) and the largest that is publicly held. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada. Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., and was spun off in 1993. The company has its headquarters in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook. Its current advertising campaign, in use since 2004, asks, "Are you in good hands?" The corporate spokesperson is Dennis Haysbert.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Allstate Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Allstate Insurance $7,560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1895 Safe Teen and Novice Driver Uniform Protection Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1880 National Insurance Consumer Protection Act H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.83 Homeowners Insurance Protection Act of 2009 H.R.998 Policyholder Disaster Protection Act of 2009 H.R.1525 H.R.1264 Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009 S.505 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2009 H.R.2609 Insurance Information Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Allstate Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Allstate Insurance
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2010
- Toggle 3 FSOC Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Authority to Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice; Request for Comments, IIHS Petion for Petition Rulemaking on the Bumper Standard 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Office of Policy and Program Development 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Vehicle Safety Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2009-2011 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Mineral Wool Production NESHAP Risk and Technology Review 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Average Fuel Economy Standards, Passenger Cars and Light Trucks, Model Year 2011 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Allstate Insurance" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 2 committees