Allied Pilots Assn
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the Allied Pilots Association (APA) serves as the certified collective bargaining agent for all American Airlines pilots. APA was founded in 1963 by a group of American Airlines pilots who broke away from the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA).The first headquarters was located in New York City before it moved to Fort Worth, Texas. With more than 11,500 members, APA is the largest independent pilots’ union in the world.
Campaign Finance$1,891,250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Allied Pilots Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Allied Pilots Assn $1,777,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 S.2008 HOME Act H.R.2881 Kenny Callahan Act H.R.3652 Protecting Employees and Retirees in Business Bankruptcies Act of 2007 H.R.3652 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2009 S.1300 Community and Rural Medical Residency Preservation Act of 2009 S.2008 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.4 Pension Protection Act of 2006 H.2011 To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 100 East 8th Avenue in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, as the "George Howard, Jr. Federal Building and United States Courthouse".
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Allied Pilots Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Allied Pilots Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Allied Pilots Assn
- Toggle 2 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Multiple Submitters (10) - Exemption from 14 CFR 121.383(c), regarding the Age 60 Rule 2002
- Toggle 1 FAA Fire Arms, Less Than Lethal Weapons, and Emergency Services on Commercial Air Flights 2001
- Toggle 1 LMSO Guidelines for the Use of Electronic Voting Systems in Union Officer Elections 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998