Allergan, Inc., is a global specialty pharmaceutical company. Their product ranges include ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, dermatology products, and neurological products.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Allergan Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Allergan Inc $2,610,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act H.R.5209 Healthy Communities through Helping to Offer Incentives and Choices to Everyone in Society Act of 2010 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Allergan Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Allergan Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Allergan Inc
- Toggle 5 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 4 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to Payments to Hospitals for Certain Inpatient Hospital Services and for Graduate Medical Education Costs; and Changes to Physician Self-Referral Rules and Related Changes to Provider Agreement Regulations 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient PPS and CY 2007 Rates; Proposed CY 2007 Update to the ASC Covered Procedures List; and Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2005 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2006 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meetings Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Petition Requesting that the Agency not Approve ANADA 011-557 Before Expiration of the 30-month Stay on March 29, 2011 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Confirm Auralgan as Generally Recognized as Safe and Effective as Prescription Ear Drops for the Treatment of Acute Otitis Media 2010