Alcatel-Lucent is a global telecommunications corporation, headquartered in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France. It provides telecommunications solutions to service providers, enterprises, and governments around the world, enabling these customers to deliver voice, data, and video services. The company focuses on fixed, mobile, and converged networking hardware, IP technologies, software, and services. It holds Bell Labs, one of the largest innovation and R&D; houses in the communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent has operations in more than 130 countries.
Campaign Finance$218,449 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Alcatel-Lucent
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Alcatel-Lucent $13,239,433 Lucent Technologies $3,400,000 Lucent Technologies $3,400,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.12 American Jobs Act of 2011 S.1660 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.911 Spectrum Inventory and Auction Act of 2011 S.522 Spectrum Relocation Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.1546 Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 124 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Alcatel-Lucent" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Alcatel-Lucent
- Toggle 1 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations to Serve on NACOSH 2008
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FAR 2008/2009/2010 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Alcatel-Lucent
- Toggle 13 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 6 EPA HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; TESTING AND MONITORING ACTIVITIES 1993
- Toggle 5 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 3 PHMSA EM Industries, Inc. - Exemption - One-Time Packing to Ship Twelve Units of Phosphorus Oxychloride, (16Kg./9.6L Ea.) UN1810, Division 8,6.1 Packing Group II 1999
- Toggle 3 USCG Marine Shipboard Electrical Cable Standards 1999
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transport A Leaking UN1A1 Drum Containing Silicon Tetrachloride 2001
- Toggle 2 FCC Service Rules for the 698-746, 747-762 and 777-792 MHz Bands; Revision of the Commissions Rules To Ensure Compatibility With Enhanced 911 Emergency Calling Systems; Hearing Aid-Compatible Telephones 2006
- Toggle 2 MMS Request for Comments on the Draft Proposed 5-year OCS Oil and Gas Leasing Program for 2010-2015. 2008
- Toggle 2 NTIA Recently Posted NTIA Rules and Notices. 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies 2008
EPA Violations13 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Lucent Technologies Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|3m Company||Lucent Technologies Inc. (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Chemical Commodities; Ashland||Lucent Technologies Inc (+9 others)||2009||Olathe, Ks||$14,377,138|
|Stoller Chemical/Pelham Phosphate||Lucent Technologies (+35 others)||2007||Pelham, Ga||$14,041,111|
|Alcan Corporation||Lucent Technologies Inc. (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|3m Company Et Al.||Lucent Technologies Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Lucent Technologies, Et Al||Lucent Technologies, Inc (+10 others)||2006||Baltimore, Md||$7,345,000|
|Industrial Pollution Control (Ipc) (Cost Recovery Agmt)||Alcatel Telecommunications Cable (+236 others)||2003||Jackson, Ms||$3,440,369|
|Third Site Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Lucent Technologies (At&T) (+85 others)||2003||Zionsville, In||$3,100,000|
|Benjamin Moore & Co., Et Al||Lucent Technologies Inc (+26 others)||2001||Piscataway, Nj||$2,000,000|
Advisory Committees21 people on 12 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Alcatel-Lucent" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 12 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of State 5 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees