Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group Inc., is an aviation holding firm / corporation based in SeaTac, Washington which owns two certificated airlines operating in the United States: Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. In 1985, it was formed and a year later the holding company acquired Horizon Air and Jet America Airlines. Jet America Airlines, and their employees were merged into Alaska Airlines in 1987. Alaska Air Group has no relationship to JetAmerica, an airline proposed in 2009.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Alaska Air Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Alaska Airlines $1,150,000 Alaska Airlines $1,150,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 S.1956 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 152 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Alaska Air Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Alaska Air Group
- Toggle 121 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 3 FAA Policy Statement on Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Aircraft Cabin Crewmembers 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Alaska Airlines, Inc., Horizon Air Industries, Inc. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Assessment of Hazardous Materials Incident Data Collection, Analysis, Reporting, and Use 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA 2009‑NM‑228‑AD The Boeing Company Model 737-100, -200, -200C, -300, ‑400, and -500 Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2009-NM-141-AD The Boeing Company 737-200, -200C, -300, -400, and -500 Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Alaska Airlines - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-194-AD The Boeing Company Airplanes Model 737-100, -200, -200C, -300, -400, -500, -600, -700, ‑700C, ‑800, and -900 series airplanes 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Miami Air International, Inc. - Emergency Exemption 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-277-AD The Boeing Company Model 737-200, -200C, -300, -400 and -500 series airplanes 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Alaska Air Group
- Toggle 4704 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 26 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 9 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 9 FAA In the Matter of Scott Novak 2012
- Toggle 5 NOAA Pacific Halibut Fisheries; Catch Sharing Plan for Guided Sport and Commercial Fisheries in Alaska 2011
- Toggle 5 DOT TACA International Airlines, S.A., Trans American Airlines, S.A. d/b/a TACA Peru, Lineas Aereas Costarricenses S.A., Aviateca S.A. and Aerovias Del Continente Americano S.A. - Exemption Permitting Registration of Trade Name/Statements of Authorization 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA 2011-NM-194-AD The Boeing Company Airplanes Model 737-100, -200, -200C, -300, -400, -500, -600, -700, ‑700C, ‑800, and -900 series airplanes 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA Policy Statement on Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Aircraft Cabin Crewmembers 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Mesaba Aviation, Inc - 90-Day Notice of Termination of Service at Rhinelander, Wisconsin 2011