Akerman Senterfitt is a large law firm, BigLaw, based in Miami, Florida. It was founded in 1920 and has grown to become one of the largest in the United States. In 2008, the National Law Journal ranked the firm as 92nd largest in the U.S. by number of attorneys, and the second-largest Florida-based firm (behind Greenberg Traurig). In December 2009, Law360 ranked Akerman Senterfitt as 88th largest in the U.S. by the number of attorneys practicing within the U.S. The firm is headquartered at 1 SE 1st Avenue in Downtown Miami.
Campaign Finance$3,300 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Akerman Senterfitt
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Irvine Co $390,000 Miller & Long Construction $330,000 Kaba Mas $285,000 Nye Dept of Natural Resources $280,000 VITAS Healthcare $250,000 Shinnecock Indian Nation $230,000 Central Florida Regional Trans Authority $210,000 Vidler Water $205,000 Sensis Corp $200,000 Datasynapse Inc $200,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Health Issues,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Natural Resources,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 23, 2013 North Miami, Florida CDBG Funding Urban Economic Development View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Akerman Senterfitt" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Akerman Senterfitt
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Akerman Senterfitt
- Toggle 2 OSHA Walking and Working Surfaces; Personal Protective Equipment (Fall Protection Systems) 2007
- Toggle 1 FRS Consumer Advisory Council; Solicitation of Nominations for Membership 2007
- Toggle 1 PRC Administrative Practice and Procedure, Postal Service 2007
- Toggle 1 MMS 1010-NEW, Information Collection Comment Request; Form MMS-0001, Lease of Submerged Lands for Alternative Energy Activities on the OCS. 2007
- Toggle 1 FRS Consumer Advisory Council; Solicitation of Nominations for Membership 2008