Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AK Steel
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AK Steel $992,084
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Roads & Highways
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1861 Infrastructure Jobs and Energy Independence Act H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.1229 Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act H.R.1230 Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act H.R.1231 Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act
RegulationsMentioned in 54 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AK Steel" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AK Steel
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AK Steel
- Toggle 33 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA National Priorities List, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (Sandoval Zinc Company) 2011
- Toggle 2 OSHA Denied Variance Application: AK Steel - Request for Permanent Variance, 29 CFR 1910.179(n)(4)(i) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Huntington-Ashland 1997 PM2.5 Redesignation/Maintenance Plan 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Massachusetts; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Request to Disapprove Abbreviated New Drug Application 78-868 Filed by Apotex, Inc. for Generic Tizanidine Hydrochloride Capsules - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 2 OSHA Denied Variance Application: AK STeel Corporation - Request for Permanent Variance, 29 CFR 1910.29(f)(3) 2011