AirTran Airways is an American low-cost airline. A subsidiary of the Orlando-based AirTran Holdings, AirTran operates over 1,000 daily flights, primarily in the eastern and midwestern United States. AirTran's principal hubs are Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it operates over 270 daily departures, and General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It maintains secondary hub operations at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Orlando International Airport. AirTran's fleet consists of Boeing 717 aircraft, of which it is the largest operator, and Boeing 737-700 aircraft.
Campaign Finance$18,212 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AirTran Airways
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2887 Surface and Air Transportation Programs Extension Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AirTran Airways" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AirTran Airways
- Toggle 5 DOT 2012 Chicago-Cancun Combination Service Proceeding 2012
- Toggle 4 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago, Illinois (MDW)-Cancun, Mexico (CUN) 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago (O'Hare), Illinois-Cancun, Puerto Vallarta/San Jose del Cabo, Mexico 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Denver, Colorado (DEN)-San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (SJD) 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc.- Exemption - San Antonio, TX-Mexico City/Cancun, Mexico; Orange County, CA-Mexico City/Los Cabos, Mexico 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Austin, Texas-Cancun, Mexico/Denver, Colorado-Cancun, Mexico 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Air Transport Association of America - Application for Limited Waiver of the Slot Usage Requirements at John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark Liberty and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airports. 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2010-NM-268-AD The Boeing Company Airplanes Model 737‑600, ‑700, ‑700C, ‑800, ‑900, and -900ER Series airplanes 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and Qantas Airways Limited - Approval of Joint Business Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Southwest Airlines Co. and AirTran Airways, Inc. - Approval of the Transfer of International Route Authorities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AirTran Airways
- Toggle 25 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 12 DOT Frontier Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago (O'Hare), Illinois-Cancun, Puerto Vallarta/San Jose del Cabo, Mexico 2011
- Toggle 12 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago, Illinois (MDW)-Cancun, Mexico (CUN) 2011
- Toggle 11 DOT 2012 Chicago-Cancun Combination Service Proceeding 2012
- Toggle 10 FAA In the Matter of Rian C. Seeman 2012
- Toggle 6 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 5 FAA AirTran Airways - Request for Waiver of Slot Usage Requirements 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Southwest Airlines Co. and AirTran Airways, Inc. - Approval of the Transfer of International Route Authorities 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Denver, Colorado (DEN)-San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (SJD) 2012