AirTran Airways is an American low-cost airline. A subsidiary of the Orlando-based AirTran Holdings, AirTran operates over 1,000 daily flights, primarily in the eastern and midwestern United States. AirTran's principal hubs are Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it operates over 270 daily departures, and General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It maintains secondary hub operations at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Orlando International Airport. AirTran's fleet consists of Boeing 717 aircraft, of which it is the largest operator, and Boeing 737-700 aircraft.
Campaign Finance$433,555 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AirTran Airways
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.2887 Surface and Air Transportation Programs Extension Act of 2011 H.R.5900 Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.912 Airline Flight Crew Technical Corrections Act S.65 Freedom to Fly Act of 2007 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act
RegulationsMentioned in 663 dockets; Submitted to 121 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AirTran Airways" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AirTran Airways
- Toggle 45 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 19 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Form 41; Schedules B-7 Reports 2005
- Toggle 12 FAA AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 10 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Atlanta-Cancun; Orlando-Cancun; Tampa-Cancun 2005
- Toggle 6 DOT 2012 Chicago-Cancun Combination Service Proceeding 2012
- Toggle 5 FAA AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 5 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Milwaukee, Wisconsin-Cancun, Mexico 2010
- Toggle 5 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - United States-Bahamas 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of AirTran Airways, Inc. - Complaint - CP10SO0002 2010
- Toggle 4 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exxemption - United States-Dominican Republic 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AirTran Airways
- Toggle 366 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 133 FAA AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 103 DOT Complaint Against Los Angeles World Airports, Los Angeles Board of Airport Commissioners and the City of Los Angeles, California 2007
- Toggle 80 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Slot Restrictions at New York LaGuardia Airport 1997
- Toggle 52 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 47 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for new entrant and limited incumbent air carriers). 2000
- Toggle 46 FAA AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 38 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Form 41; Schedules B-7 Reports 2005
- Toggle 32 DOT AirTran Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Atlanta-Cancun; Orlando-Cancun; Tampa-Cancun 2005
- Toggle 26 DOT Solicitation of Proposals from Interested Communities 2002
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "AirTran Airways" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee