Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), headquartered in Radnor Township, Pennsylvania, through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases (delivered in packaged or cylinder form), and hardgoods (welding, safety and related products).
Campaign Finance$97,485 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Airgas Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Airgas Inc $740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Natural Resources,
- Health Issues,
- Computers & Information Tech,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.1832 Marketplace Fairness Act H.R.2227 Medical Gas Safety Act S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.2995 Clean Air Act Amendments of 2010 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2701 Main Street Fairness Act S.1452 Main Street Fairness Act H.R.5660 Main Street Fairness Act
RegulationsMentioned in 90 dockets; Submitted to 23 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Airgas Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Airgas Inc
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Airgas, Inc. - Exemption -Hazardous Materials - To authorize the transport of nitrous oxide refrigerated liquid in cargo tanks with no passive shut-down capability. 2002
- Toggle 3 PHMSA BOC Gases - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Utilizing Non-conformant Cylinder Collars 2002
- Toggle 3 PHMSA AirGas, Inc. 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA HEXAVALENT CHROMIUM 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Safety Reporting Requirements Human Drug/Biological Products 2000
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Brenntag Mid-South, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - To Authorize the Transportation of Leaking Cylinders Containing Hazardous Materials Equipped with Emergency A and B Kits 2002
- Toggle 1 PHMSA BOC Gases - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transporation in Commerce of DOT Specification Cylinders 2001
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Airgas, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Hydrogen Sulfide in DOT Specification Cylinders 2005
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Increase in Fill Density to the Cylinder Test Pressure for the Transportation of Division 2.1, 2.1 and 2.3 Hazardous Materials 2000
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Airgas, Inc. - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Airgas Inc
- Toggle 12 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Airgas, Inc. - Exemption -Hazardous Materials - To authorize the transport of nitrous oxide refrigerated liquid in cargo tanks with no passive shut-down capability. 2002
- Toggle 11 EPA Refillable Refrigerant Cylinders 2002
- Toggle 11 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Brenntag Mid-South, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - To Authorize the Transportation of Leaking Cylinders Containing Hazardous Materials Equipped with Emergency A and B Kits 2002
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Airgas,Inc./Hurricane Katrina 9/15/05 2006
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Airgas Management Inc. - Exemption - Transportation in Commerce of Certain Division 2.1 and 2.2 Gases in DOT Specification 3A or 3AA, and ICC 3 Cylinders 1999
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Airgas SAFECOR - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Foreign Cylinders Made in the U.S. for Export 2000
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011