Air Products & Chemicals Inc
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD) is an international corporation whose principal business is selling gases and chemicals for industrial uses. Air Products' headquarters is in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania, in the United States. Air Products is the Lehigh Valley's third largest employer, after Lehigh Valley Hospital and St. Luke's Hospital.
Campaign Finance$2,714,113 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Air Products & Chemicals Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Air Products & Chemicals Inc $9,810,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Chemical Industry,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.774 National Energy Security Act of 2009 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009 H.R.1337 America's Energy Security Trust Fund Act of 2009 S.598 Appliance Standards Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.761 (Unknown) S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.2465 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 93 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Air Products & Chemicals Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Air Products & Chemicals Inc
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Certain Organic Peroxides, Division 5.2 in DOT-Specification Cargo Tanks 2002
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Delta Airlines - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Use of Cylinders Inadvertently Mis-Marked for Carriage Aboard Aircraft 2001
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Incorporation of Exemptions Into Regulations - HM233 2003
- Toggle 1 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Hazardous Materials: Changes to the Hazard Communication Requirements, including Revision of Design of Labels and Placards for Materials Poisonous by Inhalation (PIH) 2003
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Transportation of Hazardous Materials - Unloading of IM Portable Tanks on Transport Vehicles 2001
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Air Products & Chemicals Inc
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Reuse of 3BN (nickel) Cylinders used for Hydrogen Fluoride Service 2000
- Toggle 5 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Hazardous Materials - To add ethyl chloride to the list of which authorizes a 12 year retest for 4BW cylinders. 1999
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Division 2,2 Material in 3AA, 3A, 3AAX, 3AX Cylinders 2000
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 3 OSHA VINYL CHLORIDE 2006
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous Remediation Waste Management Requirements (HWIR-Media); Final Rule 1998
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Flammable, Nonflammable and Toxic Material in 3A and 3AA "Y" Size Cylinders 2000
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Authorize an Alternative Retesting Method of DOT3A, 3AA and 3AL for Foreign Cylinders for Use in Transporting Liquefied or Nonliquefied Compressed Gases or Mixtures 2000
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Certain Organic Peroxides, Division 5.2 in DOT-Specification Cargo Tanks 2002
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Bulk Pressure Vessel 2002
|2010||$3,200,000||Air Products & Chemicals Inc: Ballistic Armor Research|
|2008||$2,000,000||Air Products & Chemicals Inc: Materials Technology -- Polymer Center of Excellence for Blast-Ballistic Protective Armor|
Federal Spending26 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF ITM OXYGEN TECHNOLOGY FOR INTEGRATION IN IGCC AND OTHER ADVANCED POWER GENERATION SYSTEMS||$6,100,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2004||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF ITM OXYGEN TECHNOLOGY FOR INTEGRATION IN IGCC AND OTHER ADVANCED POWER GENERATION SYSTEMS||$4,130,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2006||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF ITM OXYGEN TECHNOLOGY FOR INTEGRATION IN IGCC AND OTHER ADVANCED POWER GENERATION SYSTEMS||$4,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||$4,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2005||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF THE ITM SYNGAS TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVERTING NATURAL GAS TO HYDROGEN AND SYNTHESIS GAS FOR LIQUID TRANSPORTATION FUELS||$4,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2003||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF THE ITM SYNGAS TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVERTING NATURAL GAS TO HYDROGEN AND SYNTHESIS GAS FOR LIQUID TRANSPORTATION FUELS||$3,710,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2008||Energy, Department Of||$3,029,297|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2004||Energy, Department Of||DEVELOPMENT OF THE ITM SYNGAS TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVERTING NATURAL GAS TO HYDROGEN AND SYNTHESIS GAS FOR LIQUID TRANSPORTATION FUELS||$2,648,000|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2007||Energy, Department Of||$2,572,211|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||2004||Energy, Department Of||$2,405,243|
EPA Violations9 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Exxon Mobil Corporation (Beede Waste Oil Superfund Site)||Air Products And Chemicals (+94 others)||2008||Plaistow, Nh||$30,607,481|
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||Air Products And Chemicals, Inc (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|3m Company||Air Products and Chemicals, Inc (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Lwd, Inc.||Air Products Oxygen Plant (+84 others)||2007||Calvert City, Ky||$10,000,000|
|3m Company Et Al.||Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Carolina Steel Drum Superfund Site||Air Products And Chemicals, Inc. (+42 others)||2005||Rock Hill, Sc||$4,986,394|
|Marzone, Inc./Chevron Chemical Co.||Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (+21 others)||2005||Tifton, Ga||$3,000,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Air Products & Chemicals, Inc (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Abb, Inc.||Air Products and Chemicals Inc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
Advisory Committees7 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Air Products & Chemicals Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 5 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee