Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A), or Agilent, is a company which designs and manufactures electronic and bio-analytical measurement instruments and equipment for measurement and evaluation. The company's headquarters are in Santa Clara, California, in the Silicon Valley region.
Campaign Finance$52,188 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Agilent Technologies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Agilent Technologies $84,765
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1439 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011 S.132 Criminal Justice and Forensic Science Reform Act of 2011 S.847 Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 H.R.2521 Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011 S.727 Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2011 S.1346 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act S.1361 Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011 S.1373 International Tax Competitiveness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 38 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Agilent Technologies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Agilent Technologies
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to Make the Commerce Control List (CCL) Clearer 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Possible Negotiations in the World Trade Organization to Expand the Information Technology Agreement, including Its Product Coverage 2011
- Toggle 1 DOS Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XI and Definition for ‘‘Equipment’’ 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Agilent Technologies
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Significant New Use Rules on Certain Chemical Substances 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Significant New Use Rules for Certain Chemical Substances 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Special Rule for the Polar Bear 2012
- Toggle 1 BIS Export Administration Regulations Control of Items that No Longer Warrant Control on the United States Munitions List 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Significant New Use Rules on Certain Chemical Substances 2012
- Toggle 1 USJC Meetings: Judicial Conference Advisory Committee on Rules of Criminal Procedure 2012
- Toggle 1 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean GE'd for Dicamba Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Cost Analyses of Safety Equipment Published by NHTSA 2011
Federal Spending2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2011||ANALYZER, SPECTRUM||$4,094,677|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2012||PSG ANALOG SIGNAL GENERATOR||$3,168,778|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Agilent Technologies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees