Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A), or Agilent, is a company which designs and manufactures electronic and bio-analytical measurement instruments and equipment for measurement and evaluation. The company's headquarters are in Santa Clara, California, in the Silicon Valley region.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$409,994 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Agilent Technologies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Agilent Technologies $2,533,666
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Homeland Security,
- Chemical Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.422 (Unknown) H.R.549 National Bombing Prevention Act of 2009 S.847 Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 S.1203 Grow Research Opportunities With Taxcredits' Help Act
RegulationsMentioned in 286 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Agilent Technologies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Agilent Technologies
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to Make the Commerce Control List (CCL) Clearer 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2008 2008
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Possible Negotiations in the World Trade Organization to Expand the Information Technology Agreement, including Its Product Coverage 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Supplier's Declaration of Conformity - 2008; Request for Information (RFI) 2008
- Toggle 1 FAA Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area 2004
- Toggle 1 DOS Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XI and Definition for ‘‘Equipment’’ 2012
- Toggle 1 BIS Export Control Modernization: Strategic Trade Authorization License Exception 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Security Holder Director Nominations 2003
- Toggle 1 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Agilent Technologies
- Toggle 299 EPA DuPont PFOA Site-Related Monitoring and Environmental Assessment at Washington, West Virginia 2004
- Toggle 18 EPA In Vitro Dermal Absorption Rate Testing of Certain Chemicals of Interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 2003
- Toggle 15 EPA Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), Fluorinated Telomers; Request for Comment; Solicitation of Interested Parties for Enforceable Consent Agreement Development; and Notice of Public Meeting 2003
- Toggle 9 SEC President's Working Group Report on Money Market Fund Reform (Request for Comment) 2010
- Toggle 6 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Testing of Certain High Production Volume Chemicals 2005
- Toggle 4 FDA 75-Day Premarket Notifications for New Dietary Ingredients 1995
- Toggle 4 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 4 DOT IATA - Approval of Agreement(s) 2003
|2010||$2,000,000||Agilent Technologies: Advanced Ground EW and Signals Intelligence System|
Federal Spending4 grants; 44 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Agilent Technologies Incorporated||2007||RADIO TEST SET||$9,823,500|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2000||$9,611,839|
|Agilent Technologies Incorporated||2007||RADIO TEST SET||$8,957,970|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2005||$6,541,594|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2000||$4,999,961|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2001||$4,803,604|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2004||Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa)||DEVELOPMENT OF CHIP-TO-CHIP OPTICAL INTERCONNECTS.||$4,763,884|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2005||Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa)||DEVELOPMENT TO CHIP-TO-CHIP OPTICAL INTERCONNECTS.||$4,723,000|
|Agilent Technologies Incorporated||2007||RADIO TEST SET||$4,567,180|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||2011||ANALYZER, SPECTRUM||$4,094,677|
Advisory Committees14 people on 13 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Agilent Technologies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 8 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 6 people on 5 committees