Advanced Micro Devices
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD; NYSE: AMD) is an American multinational semiconductor company based in Sunnyvale, California, that develops computer processors and related technologies for commercial and consumer markets. Its main products include microprocessors, motherboard chipsets, embedded processors and graphics processors for servers, workstations and personal computers, and processor technologies for handheld devices, digital television, automobiles, game consoles, and other embedded systems applications.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Advanced Micro Devices
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Advanced Micro Devices $1,550,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.729 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4321 CIR ASAP Act of 2009 H.R.5116 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 H.R.5325 America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2010 H.R.4061 Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2009 S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Advanced Micro Devices" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Advanced Micro Devices
- Toggle 1 FAA Standard Instrument Approach Procedures, and Takeoff Minimums and Obstacle Departure Procedures; Miscellaneous Amendments 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA TX110 Texas Revisions to 30 TAC Chapter 116, RE: Best Available Control Texhnology (BACT) in Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Permitting, Texas Rule Project No. 2010-005-116-PR, submitted to EPA July 16, 2010 (TX-298, 6-77) 2010
- Toggle 1 ITC Terminations Of Investigations: Certain DC-DC Controllers and Products Containing Same 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX PHLX, Inc. 2010
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Integrated Chipsets and Products Containing Same Including Televisions, Media Players and Cameras 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT 2010 U.S.-Haneda Combination Services Allocation Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Refrain From or Approving any Application for a 0.6 mg Oral Colchicine Tablet with a Proposed Indication Already Approve for Colcrys® That is not Submitted as an Appreviated New Drug Application - CLOSED 2010
Advisory Committees5 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Advanced Micro Devices" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 4 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee