Accenture plc (NYSE: ACN) is a global management consulting, technology consulting and technology outsourcing company. Previously incorporated in the USA, then in Bermuda, since 1 September 2009 the company has been incorporated in Ireland with its global headquarters there in Dublin. It is the largest consulting firm in the world, as well as being a global player within the technology consulting industry. Accenture is a Fortune Global 500 company. As of January 2011, the company had more than 214,000 employees in more than 200 locations in over 120 countries. Accenture's current clients include 96 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three quarters of the Fortune Global 500.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Accenture
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Accenture $6,235,534
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1265 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act S.506 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 H.R.3747 Water Efficiency, Conservation, and Adaptation Act of 2009 S.3793 Trade Adjustment Assistance Extension Act of 2010 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.5658 SKIL Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 29 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Accenture" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Accenture
- Toggle 3 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Future of Aviation Advisory Committee 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Competitive Acquisition of Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) by Certain Provisions of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA) 2009
- Toggle 2 DOE Policy and Logistical Challenges to Smart Grid Implementation 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA's Role in Advancing Sustainable Products 2010
- Toggle 1 OFPP Work Reserved for Performance by Federal Government Employees 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Electronic Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: BATS Exchange, Inc.; NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc.; Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc.,et al. 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Automatic Commercial Ice-Makers 2010
Federal Spending26 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Accenture Incorporated||2009||Federal Emergency Management Agency||TAV--LOGISTICS SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SUPPORT||$12,059,315|
|Accenture Incorporated||2009||OPTION EXCERCISED FOR CLIN 28AF AND CLIN 28H||$5,097,431|
|Accenture Incorporated||2010||CY 5 OPTION CLINS/INCREMENTALLY FUND SEPM||$4,701,881|
|Accenture||2009||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||FM&E TRANFORMATION SUPPORT||$4,065,834|
|Accenture Incorporated||2010||Office Of The Secretary||EXCERCISE OPTION YEAR 3.||$3,046,735|
|Accenture Incorporated||2009||SPIRAL 2 GO-LIVE RESTRUCTURE ECP||$3,031,581|
|Accenture Incorporated||2010||Food Safety And Inspection Service||ASSURANCENET/ICS ENHANCEMENTS||$2,499,997|
|Accenture Incorporated||2010||Office Of The Secretary||SERVICES WHICH MEET THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CBS SOLUTIONS CENTER AND SUPPORT THE OFM/CBS CSC RESPONSIBILITY FOR MAINTAINING THE CBS/CORE FINANCIAL SYSTEM (CFS) APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE AND APPLICABLE INTERFACES AS WELL AS ALL RELATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT ACTIVITIES.||$2,492,995|
|Accenture Incorporated||2009||EXERCISE OF CY 04 OPTION CLINS||$2,440,102|
|Accenture Incorporated||2009||Office Of Asst Secretary For Health Except National Centers||ADP SYSTEMS ANALYSIS SERVICES||$1,944,750|
Advisory Committees6 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Accenture" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee