Accenture plc (NYSE: ACN) is a global management consulting, technology consulting and technology outsourcing company. Previously incorporated in the USA, then in Bermuda, since 1 September 2009 the company has been incorporated in Ireland with its global headquarters there in Dublin. It is the largest consulting firm in the world, as well as being a global player within the technology consulting industry. Accenture is a Fortune Global 500 company. As of January 2011, the company had more than 214,000 employees in more than 200 locations in over 120 countries. Accenture's current clients include 96 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three quarters of the Fortune Global 500.
Campaign Finance$7,502,109 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Accenture
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Accenture $40,806,358 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2829 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.1265 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act S.506 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.5384 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5576 Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5441 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 160 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Accenture" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Accenture
- Toggle 1 SEC Study of the State of Short Selling and Failures to Deliver: Title IV Provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on: Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Higher Education Act, Title IV, Student Loans 2012
- Toggle 1 GSA 2008, 2009, and 2010 General Services Administration Acquisition Regulations 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Security Holder Director Nominations 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Accenture
- Toggle 28 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 15 USCIS Allowing Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses to Apply for Employment Authorization 2010
- Toggle 4 DHS Minimum Standards for Driver's Licenses and Identification Cards Acceptable to Federal Agencies for Official Purposes 2006
- Toggle 4 FDA Electronic Records & Signatures, Retention of Electronic Rec 2000
- Toggle 3 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Virgin Nigeria Airways Limited - Exemption - U.S.-Nigeria 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT Virgin Nigeria Airways Limited - Foreign Permit - U.S.-Nigeria 2005
- Toggle 3 ED Generic Clearance for Federal Student Aid Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Focus Groups Master Plan 2013
- Toggle 3 SEC Comments on Concept Release on Equity Market Structure 2010
- Toggle 2 ITA Recently Posted ITA Rules and Notices. 2007
Federal Spending1 grant; 577 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Accenture Incorporated||2004||Education, Department Of||$51,317,479|
|Accenture Incorporated||2006||Education, Department Of||$44,000,000|
|Accenture||2006||Transportation Security Administration||OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES||$39,964,453|
|Accenture||2005||Transportation Security Administration||OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES||$38,789,473|
|Accenture||2004||Transportation Security Administration||OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES||$36,050,383|
|Accenture Incorporated||2005||Education, Department Of||$35,000,000|
Contractor Misconduct7 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||False Claims On Hardware, Software & Technology Services Sales||2007||Settlement||$63,675,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||State/Local||Colorado Unemployment Insurance System Contract||2005||Restitution||$8,200,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||State/Local||Wyoming Voter Registration System Contract||2006||Restitution||$3,700,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||State/Local||Colorado Voter Registration System Contract||2005||Restitution||$2,000,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||State/Local||Texas Health and Human Services Commission Contract||2007||Settlement||$0|
|Poor Contract Performance||Defense - Navy||U.S. Marine Corp. Global Supply Chain and Maintenance System Contract||2006||Settlement||$0|
|Ethics||None||Potential Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Violation||2003||Pending||$0|
Advisory Committees11 people on 11 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Accenture" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee