Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a pharmaceuticals health care company. It has 72,000 employees and operates in over 130 countries. The company headquarters are in Abbott Park, North Chicago, Illinois. The company was founded by Chicago physician, Dr. Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888. In 2008, Abbott had over $29 billion in revenue.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's June 3, 2009 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Abbott Laboratories
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Abbott Laboratories $9,550,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Food Industry,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act
RegulationsMentioned in 146 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Abbott Laboratories" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Abbott Laboratories
- Toggle 1 FDA Qualified Health Claim for 100% Whey-Protein Partially Hydrolyzed Infant Formula and a Reduced Risk of Atopic Dermatitis 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Investigational New Drug Applications; Co-Development of Investigational Drugs 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 1 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Citizen Petition Concerning AndroGel 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Reviewers on SPL Standard for Content of Labeling Technical Qs & As, Revision 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Immediately Ban the Weight Loss Drug, Sibutramine (Meridia - Abbott - in the U.S.)-CLOSED 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice Requirements for Combination Products 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; “Experimental Study of Patient Information Prototypes” 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Abbott Laboratories
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Refrain From or Approving any Application for a 0.6 mg Oral Colchicine Tablet with a Proposed Indication Already Approve for Colcrys® That is not Submitted as an Appreviated New Drug Application - CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA NADA/ANADA Notices 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Competitive Acquisition for Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA The Judicious Use of Medically Important Antimicrobial Drugs in Food-Producing Animals 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Qualified Health Claim for 100% Whey-Protein Partially Hydrolyzed Infant Formula and a Reduced Risk of Atopic Dermatitis 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA Citizen Petition Concerning AndroGel 2010
Federal Spending16 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Abbott Laboratories Inc||2009||RESALE - HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDES & BABY FORMULA||$6,283,461|
|Abbott Laboratories Inc||2009||RESALE - HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDES & BABY FORMULA||$6,273,510|
|Abbott Laboratories Inc||2010||RESALE - HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDES & BABY FORMULA||$6,059,063|
|Abbott Laboratories||2010||RESALE - HEALTH FOODS, BABY FORMULA||$6,055,887|
|Abbott Laboratories Inc||2009||RESALE - HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDES & BABY FORMULA||$6,006,535|
|Abbott Laboratories||2010||RESALE - HEALTH FOODS, BABY FORMULA||$5,831,877|
|Abbott Laboratories Inc||2009||RESALE - HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDES & BABY FORMULA||$5,803,477|
|Abbott Laboratories||2010||HEALTH FOODS, BABY FORMULA||$5,060,757|
|Abbott Laboratories||2010||ASSAY KITS||$2,272,765|
|Abbott Laboratories||2009||PRISM HCV ASSAY KIT||$2,162,933|
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Abbott Laboratories" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee